1) Up to 7 double-spaced pages of text,12-pt Times New Roman font with 1” margins on all sides, NO MORE THAN 7 PAGES!. No more than 4 pages of appendices, tables, graphs, diagrams, etc.
Answer the following questions in the analysis report:
1) Is the supermarket industry profitable? Conduct the 5 forces analysis to assess the profitability of the industry. Use the attached material, “5 Force Analysis.”
2) What are the key sources of Trader Joe’s competitive advantages? Identify the key sources of Trader Joe’s competitive advantage by analyzing a value chain analysis. What activities and choices in a value chain diagram enable the firm to create more value than most rivals? Conduct a value chain analysis to support your argument. Use the attached material, “Competitive Advantage”
3) What are the business-level strategy of Trader Joe’s and rivals (Whole Foods, Kroger,
Supervalu) business level strategy? Cost leadership or differentiation? Identify each company’s business-level strategy and explain why. Include a comparative analysis by using the value creation framework (Trader Joe’s vs. Whole Foods,. Kroger, Supervalu). Does Trader Joe’s have an advantage over rivals?
• Hint: To conduct this analysis, use the financial information of Exhibit 2 as well as the case text. Use the attached material “Business-level Strategy”.
4) Does Trader Joe’s strategy that you identified in Q3 take advantage of the opportunities and neutralize/reduce threats identified in the industry analysis? If so, how?
5) What are the main threats to Trader Joe’s competitive advantage? Is their advantage
sustainable? Evaluate Trader Joe’s position using the RBV framework (valuable, rare, inimitable, sustainable?); also, evaluate their ability to retain customers.
* I have attached the Trader Joe case below and the following supporting document for each question.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more