Ray tracing is a technique that has been around for quite a long time. It allows for images to be generated given some mathematical description of objects in the scene, eye placement and viewport definition. As rays are cast through pixels in the image area, math calculations are used to determine which objects are collided with and the resulting color values associated at each pixel location.
A nice walk through on the underlying technique of ray tracing is provided by:
In this assignment you should:
1. Summarize the ray tracing technique.
2. Describe the underlying math equations for a collision between a ray and a sphere.
3. Describe how color values at a pixel are calculated.
4. Describe how the scene is setup.
5. Describe how shadows, reflection, and refraction work in these simulated scenes.
6. Additional discussion on the state of the art in ray tracing. Why has it taken so long for ray tracing to take off? What recent innovations has allowed for the expanded use of ray tracing technology? Is real-time ray tracing a thing?
7. Provide a ray traced image and describe why this image is better or not than a raster-ized image.
You should submit a report (as a Word document) that is as detailed as possible. This is a topic that you are expected to delve into. Additional resources should be used and cited. Submit your detailed report by the due date posted on Blackboard. No late assignments will be accepted.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more