chosen topic: NIRS monitoring (neuro oxygenation monitoring)
1. The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
· Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient.
· Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
· Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
· Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
2. Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
3. Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
A brief fictional case illustrates the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
EXPLANATION AND BACKGROUND
1. Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
2. Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
3. Describe the patient population it is used for.
Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
RISK AND BENEFITS
1. Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
2. Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
3. Explain the complications that may arise.
Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM’S ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
2. Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
3. Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient.
Discuss one challenge in working with an interdisciplinary team.
NURSING SCOPE OF PRACTICE
1. Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
2. Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
1. Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
2. Discuss how the information will be taught.
3. Discuss potential cultural considerations for teaching
Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
1. Provide a summary.
2. No new information is introduced.
Include additional resources for further learning.
RUBRIC POSTED BELOW!!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more