INSTRUCTIONS AND LIST OF MOVIES.
Abnormal Psychology 242Paper Assignment:
1. Choose one character that you are going to examine. State the character’s name and brieflydescribe the movie that they are from. What is the character’s basic presenting problem (i.e.,what issues he/she is facing,
how his/her family/personal background affects the issue, what he/she feels, how he/she deals with his/her emotions or copes with problems)? This section should be about 1 page.
2. State the psychiatric disorder that the character demonstrates (i.e., Borderline Personality Disorder, OCD, Major Depressive Disorder, etc.).
Describe how the character demonstrates the symptoms for the disorder. You can also use the DSM-V criteria. The symptoms are in the book
and criteria are in the powerpoint slides for the disorders we have covered so far. If you cannot find the DSM-V criteria, please contact your TA. Share
specific examples of the character’s behaviors, statements or ways of thinking that specifically support your view that they meet criteria for this disorder. Make sure to make an argument and link your character’s symptom presentation to the disorder you believe he/she has. 2-2.5 pages.
3. Having described the character and their disorder, describe the etiology of the disorder drawing on lectures, textbooks, and journal articles.You need to specify the type of biological, psychological and social dimensions that may come together to bring about the disorder. 1 – 1.5
4. After describing the etiology, describe the treatment you would recommend for this character, drawing on what you learned in lectures, the textbook or other readings. It is not enough to say psychotherapy or medication; you must specify the type of therapy or class of medication and
explain why you would recommend that course of treatment. 1-1.5 pages.
5. The paper should be 4-6 pages long. Writing quality (i.e., grammar and spelling) and organization will count in the grading of this assignment. The paper is to be double-spaced, with no greater that 1” margins all around, and no greater than 12 point font (Times New Roman or Arial, not Courier).
6.The entire paper should be in APA style including the cover page (with a title), citations that you use (including the textbook) and a list of references at the end of the document also using APA. Have two, non-textbook sources from which you are citing – one can include the movie and
at least one must be a journal article that is peer reviewing using PSYCINFO. Cover page and reference page do NOT count as part of the 4-6 page requirement
List of movies:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more