1. What are the barriers/challenges described in your readings that you also face in your environments as you attempt to provide family focused
nursing? (e.g. family as client, family as context, family as barrier, family as caring process, family as resource)
2. Review the power point: “Family Nursing Background and Understandings.” Reflect on nursing practice that views family as the unit of care
and nursing practice that views family as contextual to the individual patient. Do you believe that current nursing practice most often views
family as the unit of care or family as a context to the situation? How do these two views differ?
3. Develop 5 questions focusing on one of Denham’s Core Processes. Interview a client in your workplace or within your community and
describe their answers to your questions. Identify family routines and factors related to family health routines.
4. From the Khalili article, what were the most significant aspects of the illness transition for the family? What resources did the family
need/want? What were the barriers and facilitators to obtaining the needed resources or supports? What may have changed in the care
situation for the family if the family would have been viewed as the unit of care?
5. Using one of the family theories/frameworks described in the literature reflect on an illness experience in a family. (You can reflect on a
family you have cared for in your nursing practice.) Consider how family structure, function, and process influenced the family health
experience and outcomes. Analyze the experience from a family theory/framework perspective.
6. Use your reading on a One Question Question by Duhamel et al. (2009) to practice this questioning strategy with a family. Share your
reflections and outcomes
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more