According to our suggested 16 week “Course Schedule,” you should complete and submit Assignment 2 by the Sunday at the end of Week 6. This assignment is worth 10% of your final grade. To receive full marks, answer each of the following questions in a clear and comprehensive manner. You can find the assignment marking criteria at the end of this document.
1. Show that if f(n) is O(h(n)) and g(n) is O(i(n)), then f(n) + g(n) is O(h(n) + i(n)).
2. Show that 3(n + 1)7 + 2n log n is O(n7). Hint: Try applying the rules of Theorem 1.7. You will have to use the insert equations to answer this question. [2 marks]
3. Give an O(n)-time algorithm for computing the depth of each node of a tree T, where n is the number of nodes of T. Assume the existence of methods setDepth (v,d) and getDepth(v) that run in O(1) time. [2 marks]
4. What does the following algorithm do? Analyze its worst-case running time and express it using “Big-Oh” notation. [2 marks]
Algorithm Foo (a,n):
Input: two integers, a and n
k ß 0
b ß 1
while k < n do
k ßk + 1
b ß b *a
5. a. Describe (in pseudo-code) a findAll Elements (k) method of an AVL tree T. It should run in O(logn + s) time where n is the size of T and s is the number of elements returned (i.e., the number of nodes in T whose key is k).
b. Analyze the running time of your algorithm.
You will be awarded full marks if your answer adequately answers the question addressed.
Total marks = 10
You will be awarded partial marks if your answer demonstrates:
· Application of the major and alternative approaches, methods, or algorithms to solve the problem.
· Evidence of appropriate logic.
· Evidence of correct computational skills and data structures.
· Inclusion of appropriate comments or explanations.
For details about how to submit this assignment, refer to the “Assignment Submission Instructions” under the Assignments Overview tab of your course.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more