Marriott Corporation: Cost of Capital Case Questions Each Question carries 5 points
1) Discuss Marriott’s financial strategy – what are the opportunities, what are the risks. Why is the hurdle rate so important for Marriott? Do you see parallels with Marriott’s business model and any other firm in today’s lodging industry? – Adam
2) Calculate the WACC of Marriott as a whole. Justify your choice of numbers. Saunaz & Kaylee
a. What is the cost of equity?
b. What is Marriott’s cost of debt?
c. What is Marriott’s WACC?
3) Can Marriott use a single corporate hurdle rate to evaluate investment opportunities in each of its lines of business? Why not? What happens if they do? Liwen Liu
4) Calculate WACC of Marriott’s individual divisions. Justify your choice of numbers. Rohan & Kaylee
a. Lodging division
b. Restaurant division
c. Contract Services division (this requires some imagination)
1) Since the company is a going-concern with a long horizon, use long-term rates when estimating cost of debt for the entire company.
2) The relationship between asset beta and equity beta, where E is equity value and V is total value is given by: (This formula assumes debt-beta is zero.)
3) Assume a tax rate of 34%.
4) Arithmetic averages are better estimators of expected returns than geometric averages. Discuss this within your group and we will examine why in class.
5) Obtain the risk free rate from Table B and market risk premium from Exhibit 5.
6) Your report cannot exceed 5 pages in total. Handwritten reports will not be accepted
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more