1. What are the three main parts of the soul, as identified in the selection? What is the virtue distinctive to each?
2. What is justice, according to the selection? How is justice in the individual soul similar to justice in the state?
3. What is injustice, according to the selection? How is injustice in the individual soul similar to justice in the state?
4. What is the relationship of justice in the soul to health in the body, and of injustice in the soul to disease in the body?
5. What does Aristotle say is “the highest of all the goods achievable by action”? In what way does he say common opinion concurs with his conclusion concerning the highest good, and in what way is there lack of consensus on this point?
6. What three ways of life does Aristotle present as candidates for the most desirable life? What fourth way of life does he dismiss from candidacy and why?
7. What distinction does Aristotle make between final ends and ends which are not final, and what kind of end does he say the highest good must be?
8. What does Aristotle conclude is the best good for a human being, and how does he arrive at this conclusion?
9. How does Aristotle define happiness at the beginning of chapter 13? How does he relate happiness to virtue, and how does he decide what virtue must be for a human being?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more