Read the following
This reading will help you understand both the history of the Caribbean region and also nature of history as a discourse. In other words, the telling of history, as the Mohammad states, is not merely about the past. It is about the present. You will also notice that Mohammad writes about myths, particularly myths about the indigenous people of the Caribbean and she assumes her readers would know these myths. This is because the text is written for Caribbean schools – you might be unaware of these myths, however, she presents enough detail that you should be able to get the gist.
1. Identify FOUR times in the chapter when Mohammed explains how ethnocentrism impacted the telling of Caribbean history.
How would you relate this ethnocentrism to the lecture on culture, meaning making and power?
2. In your own words explain what Mohammed means when she says that slavery was “a total institution.”
3. According to Mohammed, why did the slave owners seek to forbid African cultural practices.
According to Mohammed, how successful were the Europeans in erasing African culture?
4. List the major groups who settled or were forced to settle in the Caribbean.
5. Using direct information from the chapter explain all of the reaons why we should think of the Caribbean as a multicultural society.
6. Compare and contrast indentureship and enslavement
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more