Chapter Six: Addiction Across the Life Span
This week we are discussing addiction across the lifespan. Please watch this Ted Talk by addiction expert, Dr Gabor Mate:
Then compose a 300-word top-level post in ESSAY format that responds to these questions:
1. How does Mate define addiction and what does he mean when he says “we need to look at what’s right about addiction”? (i.e. what do people get out of their addictions?)
2. How does he relate his own shopping addiction to other addictions (i.e., problems that resulted in his life)
3. How does the human brain and its interaction with the environment impact addiction?
4. In his experience, how does early trauma and abuse impact addiction and what does he say about intergenerational trauma and its impact on addiction?
5. What are your thoughts on this TedTalk and the perspective taken by Gabor Mate on addiction?
*** Be sure to use examples from the readings and field trip to support your answers to the above questions.***
***Pay close attention to the DB rubric in Course Information so you get full credit!!***
Be sure to create one 300-word top level post in ESSAY FORMAT (not numbered responses)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more