The PICOT QUESTION:
For Patient with immobility and elderly patients 60 years and above, will negative pressure wound therapy compared to Standard moist wound therapy, Improve the therapeutic process of pressure ulcer within two months of hospitalization.
1. Dumville, J. C., Webster, J., Evans, D., & Land, L. (2015). Negative pressure wound therapy for treating pressure ulcers. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd011334.pub2
2. Shi, C., Dumville, J. C., Cullum, N., Rhodes, S., Jammali-Blasi, A., Ramsden, V., & McInnes, E. (2021). Beds, overlays and mattresses for treating pressure ulcers. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 5, CD013624. https://doiorg.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1002/14651858.CD013624.pub2
3. Fernandez, L., Ellman, C., & Jackson, P. (2017). Initial Experience Using a Novel Reticulated Open Cell Foam Dressing with Through Holes during Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Instillation for Management of Pressure Ulcers. Journal of Trauma & Treatment, 06(05).
4. Mäki-Turja-Rostedt, S., Stolt, M., Leino-Kilpi, H., & Haavisto, E. (2019). Preventive interventions for pressure ulcers in long-term older people care facilities: A systematic review. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 28(13-14), 2420–2442. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14767
5. Xie, X., McGregor, M., & Dendukuri, N. (2010). The clinical effectiveness of negative pressure wound therapy: a systematic review. Journal of Wound Care, 19(11), 490–495.
The Assignment (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 3A: Critical Appraisal of Research
Select four articles from the above five articles and conduct a critical appraisal of any of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected by completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template.
Part 3B: Critical Appraisal of Research
Based on your appraisal, in a 1-2-page critical appraisal, suggest a best practice that emerges from the research articles you reviewed.
Briefly explain the best practice, justifying your proposal with APA citations of the four research articles.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more