Please answer all 20 questions correctly and get back to me within the next 3 hours
1. Modifier -P5 indicates that the patient
A. experienced postoperative anemia.
B. is not expected to survive without the operation.
C. received a lower anesthesia dosage.
D. is advanced in age.
2. Code 99217 is assigned for
A. nursing home services.
B. observation discharge services.
C. established patient visits.
D. new patient office visits.
3. Code range 99218–99220 denotes
A. emergency room visits.
B. initial hospital visits.
C. initial observation care.
D. follow-up hospital visits.
4. A physician performs an invasive surgical procedure. Prior to the start of the procedure, the anesthesiologist administers monitored anesthesia. Which modifier should be appended to the anesthesia code?
5. When more than one surgery is performed during one anesthesia administration, the coder should
A. report the anesthesia code with the highest base value unit.
B. assign modifier -QS to the second surgery code.
C. assign add-on code 01900 to indicate more than one surgery was performed during a single operative session.
D. add modifier -QY to the first surgery code.
6. Modifier -P3 indicates that the patient
A. received topical anesthesia.
B. is in a coma.
C. received local anesthesia.
D. has severe systemic disease.
7. ___ modifiers indicate the number of anesthesia cases being directed at one time.
A. Coordinated time
8. A coder adds modifier -P2 to an anesthesia code. This modifier indicates the patient
A. is allergic to lidocaine.
B. received general anesthesia.
C. is handicapped.
D. has mild systemic disease.
9. The risk of morbidity or mortality would be considered as a part of
A. review of systems.
B. medical decision-making.
C. history of present illness.
D. chief complaint.
10. A patient who has not been seen by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
11. The dollar rate of each anesthesia unit is called the _______ factor.
A. unit conversion
D. base value unit rate
12. A patient who has been admitted to a hospital is a/an
B. established patient.
C. new patient.
D. ambulatory surgery patient.
13. A patient undergoes an esophagogastric tamponade with a balloon. How would this procedure be coded?
14. Codes in the range of 99224–99226 represent services for
A. critical care services.
B. subsequent observations.
D. initial observations.
15. Which of the following code ranges are add-on codes reported for prolonged physician services?
A. 99458–99586, 99372
B. 99212–99252, 99344
C. 99673–99873, 99001
D. 99354–99357, 99359
16. A patient who has been treated by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
17. Modifier -QY indicates that
A. anesthesia administration was abruptly terminated due to surgical complications.
B. the surgeon is administering anesthesia.
C. the physician is supplying topical anesthesia only.
D. an anesthesiologist is directing the CRNA during anesthesia administration.
18. _______ circumstance codes are used in situations that increase the difficulty of administering anesthesia.
A. UNIT administration modification
C. ASA relativity
19. Other nursing facility services would be reported with code
20. A patient undergoes a pacemaker insertion. She is not expected to survive if she doesn’t have the operation. What code should be reported?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more